ASL AVIATION HOLDINGS
1970 – Safmarine acquire Tropair (Pty) Ltd and change name to Safair Freighters (Pty) Ltd.
1972 – Air Bridge Carriers formed in the UK.
1991 – French postal airline L’Aeropostale is created by La Poste and Air France.
1992 – Hunting Group is renamed Hunting Cargo Airlines.
1994 – Safair Freighters (Pty) Ltd is renamed Safair (Pty) Ltd.
1998 – Hunting Cargo Airlines UK acquired by Safair/CMB consortium.
2000 – French La Poste Group creates Europe Airpost as a subsidiary to transport its mail freight.
2001 – Safair establishes its leasing division Safair Lease Finance (Pty) Ltd.
2002 – Europe Airpost gets a distinctive new livery.
2003 – Cabin Crew Division and development of passenger transportation activities established.
2004 – Purchase of BAC Group, Southend, UK.
2007 – Shareholding changed to CMB and 3P Air Freighters/Petercam.
2008 – ASL Aviation Group formed and Europe Airpost purchased.
2010 – ASL purchases Safair Operations and Safair Lease Finance.
2013 – ASL becomes minority shareholding of Safair Operations.
– Air Contractors signs deal to provide transatlantic services for Aer Lingus.
– FlySafair is established in Johannesburg.
2014 – Air Contractors commences transatlantic services from Shannon for Aer Lingus.
– Air Contractors commences transatlantic services from Dublin for Aer Lingus.
– FlySafair launched low-cost domestic operations in South Africa.
– ASL acquires Farnair group of aviation companies.
2015 – All European airlines rebranded as ASL Airlines.
2016 – ASL acquires airline operations of TNT Express.
2017 – ASL Aviation Group rebrands as ASL Aviation Holdings.
2018 – Group revenues exceed USD$1Billion.
– ASL Airlines Belgium opens new scheduled B747 Freighter routes to China.
– ASL Airlines Ireland launches first converted A330-300 Freighter operation based in Hong Kong.